Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Catch up part 1

Here's a recap of my pregnancy journey so far.

Will and I started trying to get pregnant in June 2008. I found out I was pregnant at 4:30pm August 26, 2008. I was by myself when I took the test, when I read the results I sat down on the bathroom floor for a few minutes before I called my mom. She came over immediately! I was so happy and freaked out at the same time! I couldn't stop shaking! My mom left before Will came home so we can have our moment alone. I greeted him at the door with my pregnancy test. We were both so excited we started calling everyone in our phone lists. I was supposed to go to class at 5, but that so didn't happen :)
I've lucked out and actually had a pretty easy pregnancy. I didn't get any morning sickness, I was mostly just tired. I am now 37 weeks pregnant and the only real symptoms I've had are a little heartburn, swollen feet and hands and exhaustion! I've gained about 50 lbs, I can't believe it! I am huge! I barely sleep anymore, I think that's my body getting me ready for all the night feedings! I went on disability last month, my blood pressure was a little high, so my Dr. took me off of work. I really don't miss it at all! I was working at Bath & Body Works, a good job, but I'm so over retail! :) I'm looking forward to being a full time mom.
With only a couple weeks to go, I keep switching back and forth between being excited and being terrified. I know I will be fine once the time comes, but waiting for it is so hard! I honestly have no idea what to expect. I can read all the books I want, watch all the videos and talk to as many moms as I can, but I won't know anything until it actually happens. It's really surreal to know in a matter of days, I am going to be a parent. So bizarre! My whole world is going to change, I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful blog! I hope Adeline appreciates it someday, when she's older, just how excited her mom is that she's coming into the world.

    You're totally tweeting her birth, aren't you? :D

    ReplyDelete